Sunday, May 3, 2009

About my mom ...

My mother passed away last June at the age of 87. This picture was taken on April 30, 2008 on her last birthday.

As we aged, I finally realized that she was a strong wonderful lady who loved her children unconditionally.
I miss her every day ...

"One of the final challenges for human beings is to get old with as much verve and gumption as possible. Old parents who keep on being interested in life give a subtle kind of sustenance to their children; they are givers of hope and affirmers of life."

- A. Ryerson & W. Sanford

And my mom did ...

5 comments:

  1. Your mother was a beautiful woman!

    Yes, we have to keep a passion for living as long as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad passed in '01, I still miss him, everyday. He was a great Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you a plug at Prytz Family, so you may get some traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom looks like a catbird. I bet she was a lot of fun. We lost our Mom two years ago. You do miss them a lot. Welcome to the blogging world. Jan is one of my best blog buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks like a wonderful woman! I think you will always miss her, that's just how it goes. But hopefully the pain from the loss will lessen over over time.

    Came over from Jan's :)

    ReplyDelete